Monday, April 11, 2011

Heaven and Hell pt 1

My opinion on Heaven and Hell is always evolving, so I will write more on this subject whenever I have new "epiphanies." But now I will write my current thoughts -

First off, I do not believe there is a Heaven or a Hell. (Afterlife will be another post) My main concern is, who would want to be in a place that is always good or always bad? Then what is the point of doing anything at all, if the outcome will always be good or always be bad? There is no point. You CANNOT have good without bad, happiness without sadness, pain without pleasure, hot without cold, etc. There MUST be opposites. How can one truly enjoy one without knowing the other?

For example; you cannot have constant happiness without ever having sadness. The happiness will lose all meaning and will eventually cease to exist without it's opposite; sadness.

Why would I want to be anywhere were all emotions and feelings are one-sided? Everything will lose all meaning. Who wants that?

That's my current believe on Heaven and Hell - why would I ever want to be in either of those places? I cannot find a reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment