Friday, April 8, 2011

Why?

I am creating this blog because I think about religion daily. Not necessarily reading anything, but thinking about what I believe. Millions of people have died in the name of religion, and I want to make sure that I know exactly what I believe so if I am to some day die for religion, I'm dying for that, not dying for a title. I don't want to claim to be a Christian/Muslim/Jew/Hindu/etc and not truely understand what that title means.

This blog will contain my thoughts on certain aspects of religion/my beliefs. At times I may rant about news articles/publications/etc. And other times I might write some "off-the-wall" stuff.

I'm not at all a professional writer and tend to write how I speak. So at times, stuff may be confusing, but I will do my best to explain what I'm trying to say.

I do hope for other people with similar, or completely different thoughts post on this blog. The more communication and questions, the more thought I will put into it, and the better the blog will be.

A little about me -
I do read about all religions, but do not practice any. My parents claim [I will probably use this word (claim) a lot. As I previously stated, people just grab a title without a true understanding] to be Christians (Methodists) so I grew up with a "Christian" background. Sometime in highschool, around sophomore year, I began to think differently about religion. I never told my parents, and still haven't, but that's another story that I will write about later. Anyway, around that time I realized I wasn't a Christian and that is when I began thinking about what I actually believe. And now, about 12 years later, I've decided to start writing down what I believe in this blog format with the hope that other people will post their questions that will inspire me to think more. If all else fails, I'll at least have written down what I believe to be true.

So, that's my opening post. As I have thoughts/ideas/rants, I will share them with the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment